Notes for Contributors and Invitation for Papers
The Journal of Geography Education for Southern Africa (JoGESA) is a blind, double peer-reviewed journal. Articles submitted to JoGESA are reviewed anonymously by a minimum of two expert reviewers. The Editorial Board selects articles and book & teaching resources reviews based on the outcome of the review process and then ratified by the editor(s). Authors of articles are sent guidelines for their final submission. Only Conference Reports, Travel Blogs and Eulogies are not refereed but will be reviewed by the editorial board. This e-Journal is designed to encourage the continued professional growth and support of existing Geography Teachers and geography student teachers in-training, in Southern Africa. To build up the importance of Geography as a globally relevant subject within schools across Southern Africa and the World; and to improve the stature of the role of secondary geography education in relation to the study options available at tertiary level, on the African continent, as well as globally. The ISSN for JoGESA is ISSN 2517-9861.
● We invite your participation in producing this journal. JoGESA encourages school teachers; student teachers; university lecturers or Geography methodologists; Subject Advisers or any Geography Experts, and all others interested in geography to share their ideas and experiences to promote sound practices, innovative strategies, modern developments and reflection in geography teaching and learning, as well as sharing their research – to submit articles or contributions for possible publication.
● Contributions of varying length are invited, with a maximum of 8000 words MAXIMUM for academic articles and research reports (including References).
● Shorter articles of 2000 words , on best practice (particularly GIS) and classroom strategies, classroom discipline and management, reflections on particular issues and practices in geography teaching and learning, in-service education or workshops, conferences, reports and comments on previous published articles or contributions are welcome.
● Lesson plans; teaching units and how-to-do-it advice on classroom and fieldwork activities; a travel blog; and eulogies are also invited, of no more than 2000 words , if they have relevance for a broad range of teachers across Southern Africa.
Submitting your Article/Contribution
● JoGESA is published bi-annually (April and September). As at least 2 months are needed for reviewing, another month for editing, design, typesetting and printing – articles should reach the Editor by 1st December (for April issue ) and 1st May (for September issue) , every year.
● Manuscripts for review, possible publication and all correspondence relating to articles should be sent to: Dr Clinton van der Merwe , Editor, JoGESA, PO Box 522, WITS, 2050, South Africa. Email: [email protected] .
● Reviews of books, textbooks, kits, any Geography Teaching Resources, websites,electronic and other media, reports, travel blogs and eulogies should be sent to Pam Esterhuysen. Email: [email protected] .