A Network for Professional Growth of Geography Teachers in Southern Africa
Printable application form here.
Benefits of membership:
• Membership includes membership of the AAG (American Association of Geographers)
• Resource sharing (access to lesson preparation, digital lessons and examinations)
• Networking opportunities (See calendar)
• Up-skilling opportunities (attending workshops and accredited courses)
• Promote Geo-sciences and Spatial IT (GIS and Remote Sensing) as a career option to students and learners
• SAGTA biannual e-journal
• Student and learner development (Expo and Research competitions)
• Funding opportunities to attend International Conferences
To apply for SAGTA visitor-ship click here.
- Encourage continued professional growth and support of existing Geography Teachers in Southern Africa.
- Build up the importance of Geography as a globally relevant subject within schools.
- Improve the stature of the role of secondary geography in relation to the study options available at tertiary level.