A Network for Professional Growth of Geography Teachers in Southern Africa
Printable application form here.
Online application form here.
Benefits of membership:
• Membership includes membership of the AAG (American Association of Geographers)
• Resource sharing (access to lesson preparation, digital lessons, assessment tasks and examinations)
• Networking opportunities (See calendar)
• Up-skilling opportunities (attending workshops and accredited courses)
• Promote Geo-sciences and Spatial IT (GIS and Remote Sensing) as a career option to students and learners
• SAGTA biannual e-journal
• Student and learner development (Expos and Olympiads - Geography and GIS)
• Vacancies (for Teachers looking for a post and for schools advertising posts)
• Funding opportunities to attend International Conferences
SAGTA - AAG Visitorship Winner: 2018
SAGTA would like to congratulate Theresa Uren, Boksburg High School, who has been awarded the SAGTA - AAG Visitorship to New Orleans in 2018. We know that you will represent SAGTA with distinction and make us proud at the AAG, well done!
- Encourage continued professional growth and support of existing Geography Teachers in Southern Africa.
- Build up the importance of Geography as a globally relevant subject within schools.
- Improve the stature of the role of secondary geography in relation to the study options available at tertiary level.